Read Time: 2 minutes
Attendees of the 2018 SEGD Exhibition & Experience Design event—August 23-24 in Washington, D.C.—will join fellow participants, experts and the new guard of the exhibition and experience design field to tour, connect, discuss and discover best practices, technologies, projects and key areas of interest.
Read on for just 10 of the reasons you’ll want to experience D.C. with us this August:
- E&E is the only comprehensive event focused on exhibition and experience design and includes nine all-star speakers, exclusive tours offered in the morning and afternoon and five engaging sessions.
- Washington, D.C. is the perfect setting with over 75 (mostly admission-free) museums right there.
- You’ll get the 4-1-1 on designing effective, engaging and balanced exhibitions and experiences: The speakers will cover everything from new methodologies in exhibition design to best practices for digital experiences and more.
- You’ll get the perspectives of the new guard of design leadership. Over half of the experts speaking at this event are under 40 (which means they’ll be providing completely fresh views on the future of practice).
- Meet both veteran and up-and-coming design talent at E&E: the event will connect the full range of participants from designers, curators, technology integrators and fabricators to design faculty and students.
- Exclusive tours of some of DC’s top museums are available to attendees. Been dying to check out the Smithsonian’s National Museum of African American History and Culture? Don’t fret, we’ve got your ‘in.’ With morning and afternoon tour options, you’ll be able to get the inside scoop on several of the hottest new museums and exhibitions. (Sure, you could visit them on your own time, but nothing beats a tour by designers for designers.)
- You can easily build your network of potential collaborators: With networking opportunities aplenty built-in to the event, you won’t leave without making at the very least a handful of new connections and friends. (Hey, they don’t call SEGD the “friendliest design association” for nothing!)
- It will be like a field trip for adults: educational and fun! Who says you can’t have both and call it “work”?
- Speaking of adulting, there will be a happy hour (or two). Don’t miss fun, networking and beverages at the D.C. Chapter Mixer on Thursday, 7-9 pm!
- This event only happens every two years—and the program is never the same.
It looks like there are more than a few good reasons to register now.Not ready to commit? Check out the event pageand detailed agendafor even more reasons to attend.